This webinar will discuss how schools and other education providers can use artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to promote student success, improve retention, streamline enrollment, and better manage resources.
It will cover the benefits and limitations of these emerging technologies, as well as related legal obligations regarding privacy, data protection, equal protection, and discrimination law. The webinar will focus on ethical questions raised by the use of AI tools in education, highlighting various concerns and principles raised by the government, advocates, academics, and learning-science practitioners. It will conclude with best practices and sample policies to guide school procurement, implementation, and oversight of machine-learning systems.
- Investigate emerging applications for artificial intelligence in higher education
- Understand the benefits and limitations of new technologies
- Discuss legal considerations, including student privacy, data protection, and discrimination law
- Consider extralegal ethical questions.
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m. CST
As an Educause member there is no participation charge for University of Nebraska Medical Center personnel. Steps to register for event:
- Navigate to the “Federate Login”
- Search for “University of Nebraska Medical Center”
- Click the icon
- Type UNMC username and password
- Complete registration